This week has been the best of my mission so far!
It has also been the hottest, I feel like a lit candle slowly dripping into a puddle. I can't handle the humidity here, but besides that this week was really awesome!
On PDay Elder Reed and I went to Greenfield lake and saw 4 small alligators each about 5 feet, and at least a hundred turtles. Then we played kickball with the zone at a park in Wilmington.
On PDay Elder Reed and I went to Greenfield lake and saw 4 small alligators each about 5 feet, and at least a hundred turtles. Then we played kickball with the zone at a park in Wilmington.
Elder Reed and I have been seeing so much more success this transfer. I thought we would never beat 9 new investigators, but this week we found 12. It feels so nice to have a lot of people to work with now, so we don't have to tract for like 8 hours a day. First transfer we just worked our tails off trying to find people, and now we have a week full of appointments.
Elder Reed and I spotted a little Alligator in a neighborhood pond, it was about 3 feet. The sucker jumped at me and I nearly died of a heart attack.
The food here is great! Sweet potatoes, banana pudding, corn puppies, homemade rolls, barbecue pork. The barbecue sauce here is different, it's more vinegary. It took some time getting used to. Haven't had any sea food yet which is surprising, we're so close to the coast.
We found a girl named Hayley by tracting on Saturday. She is 18, lives with her family, recently moved into the area, had a friend who passed away, and because of that her life took a dark turn, but ever since she moved shes been trying to change her life around for the better. We sat together on her porch for about 50 minutes and it was probably the best lesson Elder Reed and I have given. We taught her the full Restoration, Extended a baptism invitation, shared the First Vision, committed her to read the Book of Mormon, read some scripture together, got her to pray, and invited her to church. We all felt the spirit so strongly, and we could see the spirit working in her. She committed to be baptized on June 17th, and she showed up to church the next day! She stayed for the full 3 hours, and told us she absolutely loved it. The members gave her a warm welcome and she wants to come back. She said that she will try her hardest to get her family to come because she thinks they really need this in their life. Elder Reed and I will visit her at least twice a week now.
Anyway, that's all the time I have now. Hope yall have a great week!
Elder Wihongi