My desire to increase my knowledge of the Gospel has grown tremendously. It has become a passion. The more I study the Book of Mormon, the more I know it is true, and the more I know that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. I wish everyone were able to see it. But anyway, teaching the Gospel is fun if you have the passion to study it. D&C 11:21 is one of my favorite scriptures. The Lord said "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed..." the Lord promises that if we first seek to obtain his word before declaring it our tongues shall be loosed, and we shall know in the very moment what we need to say. That is a promise, and I know it is true. The more we know, the more we can say. I have seen it work in myself. Then the Lord promises "If you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men."
My passion to study the Gospel has led to a desire to teach and to share it with others. That is what the Lord is saying. We become great teachers if we have the desire to learn. I love the Gospel!
Elder Wihongi
| Zone Conference Temple Trip |