Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, September 18, 2017

Well, I was completely wrong with my predictions.
Elder Bush is my new companion, and he only has 3 months left!
He's from Magna UT. He's the more serious type which is going to make this a difficult transition from Elder Lambson. Instead of listening to music in the car, we listen to lectures and talks. All well, there's a reason I'm with him and something I need to learn.
The work in this area is pretty difficult, not very many people are open to us. The Branch takes great care of us though. They feed us well. A couple nights ago we had a pig pickin' with some members, they roast a whole pig over a fire. I tried corn pudding for the first time to, I actually liked it, a lot. We had hand fried okra, and biscuits and gravy. Mmm so good! We found an investigator named Jose, he's probably the most open person I've knocked into here yet. He invited us in and fed us. He's Hispanic though and speaks very little English, He believes that God led us to him. We shared some scriptures with him out of his Spanish Bible to explain the Apostasy, and the need for a Restoration. He told us that one of his great friends converted to Mormonism, and that what we're doing is beautiful. He seems very interested but our communication is very limited, because he only knows very little English and can't understand too well.  I wish there was some way we could help this man, and by help I mean teach him the Gospel. We will probably try to hand him to the Spanish speaking Elders, but other than that there's not much we can do. But I know, If he truly is interested in finding the truth I know God will provide a way for him when the time is right and he's ready. 
Hope y'all enjoy your week!😎
Elder Wihongi