Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, November 6, 2017

This week was great! Cody's baptism is this week on Sunday the 12. We're pretty excited! Cody is pretty awesome! He's only got one arm. He was referred to us through a member because he married their daughter just recently. They've been together for a very long time though, and have 3 children. They decided that they want to go through the temple together, but first he's got to go through us. They just recently got married in a court room and we were their to witness it. We visit Them like 3 times a week, and they are really fun! And really crazy to. They're house is like a circus on the inside and a zoo on the outside. Three families crammed into one house living with the parents! Whenever we go over for lessons, they've got kids running around and screaming and being chased by puppies and rabbits haha but despite all that, I've grown to love them and I always look forward to spending time with them because you can really feel something in their home. A familiar feeling to home.  They've got all kinds of animals to! They have chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs, cats, ferrets, sugar gliders, turkeys, quails, rats. Like I said, It's a zoo there in every sense of the word. But, I love it! Although, I don't think I'd ever be ale to live like that haha. For Halloween we helped a less active member set up some decorations out in their yard, and they go all out! They are die hard Halloween fans. They had the flickering lights, the quirky automatons, the fog dispenser, the creepy ambiance, and everything. It was pretty cool. Than we ate dinner at La Cocina with the Turners. They are going through a really hard time. Their married daughter has some kind of cancerous tumor in her brain, and she's pregnant as well. She's doing okay right now, but who knows what could happen to her later. The branch came together to fast and pray for her. It was really emotional. Anyways, I love yall! Hope you have a blessed week!
Elder Wihongi