Because yesterday was presidents day and everyone was home it was a work day for us. So today is our off day.
This week was really Awesome!
Elder Peseta and I have been working very hard. Having the car back has truly been a blessing. On Tuesday we went on an inspired exchange with the Assistants. I took over and Elder Rawlins came with me. Elder Rawlins was my zone leader near the beginning of my mission. We've been on an exchange before when I was in Hampstead, and actually something really awesome came from that exchange. Here's what happened on that exchange- So i left my area to be with elder Rawlins in his area. Elder Rawlins and I tracted into a native American lady who was interested in the Book of Mormon because we had explained to her that it was a record of Gods dealing with the people in ancient America. She was super interested. We taught her a lengthy lesson about the Book of Mormon and how it came to be. We gave her one and invited her to read it. Apparently she read it in 3 weeks. Had the missionaries teach her all the lessons. The missionaries gave her a priesthood blessing to help her quit smoking. She never smoked again after that day, and eventually she got baptized and became a member. Now she is very active and actually she just got her patriarchal blessing last week! And I am just finding out about all this. But her name is Lauren and I can remember clearly how that first lesson went and she was very happy to be hearing what we shared with her and excited to read the book.
Anyways, on this recent exchange Elder Rawlins took me out to Applebees for dinner. When it was time to pay the waiter told us that it had already been payed for which caught us by surprise. Appearently a member family saw us and payed for our meal. That night we found an Indian guy named Rahul who told us he was Hindu but interested in learning more about the Christian faith. He invited us in to listen to what we had to say. We both shared our testimonies of Jesus Christ and we all felt the presence of his spirit in the room. It was an awesome experience.
After exchanges Elder Peseta and I was on a spiritual high and we just wanted to knock doors all day. We found 9 new investigators for the week. Elder Miller, our district Leader gave us some fresh haircuts. On every Saturday we play soccer with members and investigators. Even though im terrible at soccer its alwats a fun time. On Sunday we had to give up the car to the sisters in another area because their car is in the shop for the week. So that was a bummer. Anyways I rushed the end a little because I don't have much time but,
I know the Book of Mormon truly is another testament of Christ, that it truly does contain the words of God. The Book truly does have the power to change lives. I know it and I've seen it. I feel closer to my Savior each time I read it. It is true!
Love y'all
-Elder Wihongi
![]() |
| Elder Hutchings, Lauren, Elder Rawlins |
