Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Hello everyone!
This week went by so fast!
On Monday we had our Zone activity. We played basketball, volleyball and chair soccer. I think I enjoyed playing volleyball the most. Then on Tuesday we did service at the thrift shop moving boxes and stuff, and then a whole lot of knocking. We found a dude named Emmanuel. He says he used to play basketball with the missionaries in the Apex building that's right next to the temple. He enjoyed it a lot. He's a professional basketball player and travels the world doing competitions and stuff like that. He was very open to us we shared the message of the restoration with him and he said he'd like to learn more so that's exciting. On Wednesday we had district meeting. I ate for the first time at Chipotle. It was pretty good. Then I stayed in Fuquay on exchanges with Elder Cruz, my district leader. We pretty much knocked all day, but found no one interested. I ate really poorly and felt like poo. Pizza, ice cream, and peanut butter balls was all I had for 3 days straight... The members always drop off pizza for us, and ice cream to for some reason. On Thursday I exchanged with my Zone Leader, Elder Reed, who is also my trainer. We had a lot of fun together and it just took us back to the Good ole Hampstead days. We knocked all day, got chased by a couple vicious dogs, visited some real cool members. Elder Reed is a lot more afraid of dogs now because his hand got chomped on by one.  Then on Friday we exchanged back. On Saturday from 10-12 we had a mission wide conference with Elder Rasband, and it was real awesome. The theme of the meeting was taken from his General Conference talk titled "Divine Design", and I think the purpose of the meeting or his objective was just to reignite the fire in the mission. But it was so awesome to be in the presence of an apostle and to hear him preach. I definitely felt the spirit just magnify as he stood before us at the pulpit. We got to shake his hand and took a mission picture with him also. After we grabbed lunch at panda express, it's been so long I Didn't know i missed it. Anyways, I am enjoying my time here in Fuquay so far, the Church is still true here. Hope ya'll have a great week!



Elder Rasband (front row, yellow tie)