Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, April 2, 2018

Happy Easters everyone!
Hope y'all had a crazy awesome week, cuz I sure did. Cheryl will be getting baptized on April 14th, she is good to go! We are super excited for her. We taught her the Plan of Salvation over phone at the church and didn't finish till like 9:30pm, and our bums were too sore from biking so we decided to walk all the way home and didn't get there till 10:30 haha. On Wednesday we had President James with us from 6-9pm. Tracting with President was so nerve racking but it turned out to be a great time haha. He's a really funny guy some of the things he says to people on the doors is funny. We taught a less active and committed him to receive the priesthood in May, and than we felt inspired to visited this really awesome active family.  The Van Tassels, Brother Van Tassel is a special forces green barrett dude who's not supposed to tell you everything he does, but he's so strong in the faith, we talked some good time with him. Here's a picture we took with his son.


On Thursday we met up at Sunny Skies to exchange, but also to do the cold sweat challenge, the 2nd most excruciating painful ice cream flavor on the menu. They give you just a spoonful of hot sauce ice cream with 3 Carolina reaper peppers marinated in hot sauce in the hot sauce ice cream, and you have to sign a waiver before they give it to you because it can cause problems. It made my mouth numb and my throat burn for a good half hour but that's about it. The other missionaries had a lot more problems and were suffering for days haha. I went on exchanges with my District Leader Elder Cruz he came to Fuquay with me. We had an awesome time together. We found an investigator named Lilla. She's from Hungary and just moved into the area. At first we thought she was a member because she was really open to us and invited us in. She was raised Lutheran, but is looking for a church to go to and said that she'll come check out ours this Sunday. Than Elder Cruz and I spent the night from 9 torturing candy peeps haha
​​​

On Saturday we watched the morning session of conference at the less actives home (the ones we committed to get the priesthood) with the Harris Lake Elders. We spent the first half our trying to get the channel working and when we finally got it to work it was in Spanish haha, apparently it was a nation wide spectrum problem going on. We spent every session Saturday and Sunday, at a members home. It was very nice. When President Nelson announced that there will be a temple in Russia, I almost cried haha, no idea why but I was happy to hear that. I know that President Nelson is a Prophet of God, I sustain him. I'm so grateful that we have a living prophet to lead and guide us in these days. It is evidence to me that God loves us.
Transfer is almost over, this is the last week. I feel like I will be staying, but you never know really. Anyways love y'all, the church is true!

Elder Wihongi