Hey everyone! This week was the hardest working week I've ever had on my mission so far. Elder Cox and I worked sooooo hard! We knocked about 7 hours everyday whether it was downpouring rain or blazing hot it mattered not. Plus we were on bikes for the week to. We've definitely been seeing the blessings from all the work we've put in this week. We have been working with a less active family called the Tejedas. They have an 8 year old son who they would like to get baptized so we have been teaching him the lessons. Sister Tejeda is Puerto Rican and she makes some pretty good chicken. We found a young Egyptian Muslim lady who is struggling to keep the roof over her head and people abusing her property. She recognized us because missionaries had knocked into her a year ago and offered her a book of Mormon, she said they also offered to help her but she declined. Her name is Iman and she is from Egypt. She started crying when telling us all the things she's been going through. She said ever since she moved to America her daughters have gone astray and believes now she is being punished for it. Her house is built on a slope and so whenever it rains it carries debris and sludge and just makes a mess everywhere. She's made walls and ditches to try and divert the water but whenever she is gone people come by and destroy everything. I really felt sorrow and compassion for her and offered help. She asked us, why would you want to help me? We comforted her by telling her that God loves her, and sometimes he puts us in rough situations only so we can learn, draw closer to him, and ultimately become who he wants us to become. I asked her what she was seeking most for in life, and she said "Peace. Peace in this world, and peace with God." I promised her peace if she gave us a chance, and she accepted. We biked back a couple days later, the day she told us to come back and it was pouring rain. She was so surprised to see that we kept our word, and actually came back to help. She couldn't believe how nice we were being. We ended up building a cinder block wall behind her house to block the sludge, and than we found shelter on her porch and talked for a good hour sharing beliefs and all that. We bore our testimonies, and I offered to pray for her. She was overcome by the Spirit while I was praying and began to cry, the rain also stopped while I was praying and the sun shone on us. It was a tender mercy and a testimony builder for me that God really does care about us. We have a lot more good things happening, but sadly I'm out of time! The work is really picking up in Fuquay! God is good, and the church is still true!
Love ya'll
Elder Wihongi