Hey Everyone! Hope ya'll enjoyed the fourth of July! We were able to see some fireworks. Other than that though nothing really exciting happened this week. The Olsen's had us over for the fourth, had some really good Carolina style burgers. We did witness a motorcycle crash and had to write a witness report about it, because the dude just crashed and took of running. Probably stole the bike or something. We were also able to help Sister Fairbank with her Family History stuff. She got pretty emotional and had a lot of fun doing it. The members are starting to have us over more now, we are getting fed everyday pretty much. We have a couple people we are working with now who seem pretty interested so far and keeping commitments. Today I tried dragon fruit for the first time, it wasn't bad but wasn't desirably good either. We got to meet our new Mission President for the first time, President Holland! Yes, Elder Holland's son. They seem really awesome, super excited to be serving with him! Anyways, All is well in Fuquay! We are doing good. Church is still true. I know that God lives, I know that he is a God of love, and loves each one of us. I'm grateful for this land that we live on and for the freedoms we are able to enjoy. I know that God prepared this place for us and for the coming forth of his church once again. I am forever grateful for those who sacrifice their lives to protect this land and our freedom. Ether 2:12 says " Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall posses it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written." I know that Jesus Christ is the truth, the way, and the light of the world. I love my him, and I know that he suffered for each one of us in the garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary, so that we could live with God again. I love my mission, time is flying sadly the end is just around the corner! I love ya'll and hope ya'll have a wonderful week!
Elder Wihongi