Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, August 20, 2018

Pembroke

Hello Everyone!
Transfers went pretty smoothly. If you didn't read my last email I am training now. My trainee's name is Elder Albrecht. He is from Minersville Utah. We transferred to Pembroke, North Carolina. Everybody was telling me how bad the Pembroke apartment was, worst in the mission apparently. Yeah, I can confirm. It was pretty dang bad but they moved us out pretty quickly, we only stayed two nights in the bad apartment. Blessings. New apartment is so much nicer and cleaner. I can sleep in peace and have a calm spirit. The majority of the population in Pembroke is American Indian of the Lumbee tribe. I've never seen so much Brown skin before on my mission, I fit right in haha. The members seem to be really awesome, we've been fed every night so far. There hasn't been a baptism in this area for 7 months we've been told, but we are looking forward to change that. For training I decided that I wanted to learn more about Jesus Christ. The majority of my studies have been focused on his life, his ministry, his mission, everything about him, I want to know. By doing so I have already felt a huge difference in my life already just by learning more about my Savior. I have felt a greater sense of peace, and a stronger desire to serve and to love others. I can testify to you that the more you know about the Savior, the more you love him, and the more you love him your desire to serve him grows.
Hope y'all have a wonderful week, here is my current mailing address:
801 Pine Street, Apt G. Pembroke NC, 28372
Love y'all!
Elder Wihongi

Elder Cumming and I go our separate ways
My trainee, Elder Albrecht
President and Sister Holland
Posterity picture: My trainer Elder Reed in the middle (going home), his two sons beside him (Elder Stubblefield and I), and his two grandsons on the ends (Elder Pedigo and Elder Albrecht)