Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, November 5, 2018

Staying in Pembroke!

Transfer News!!!!

I will be staying in Pembroke, and I will be killing (his last transfer) Elder Miller!!! Haha, I'm SO excited because we became buddies my very first transfer.

Here's an old pic of my trainer, Elder Reed on the left, and Elder Miller on the right

I really enjoyed training Elder Albrecht, he's a really good guy and I am going to miss him. This week we set a baptismal date with Victoria on the 24th. She loves us and really recognizes what we share with her as truth. We had two people that we're teaching unexpectedly show up at church to. I mean I remember inviting them, but I guess I doubted they would come, so that was a real surprise. Her name's Angel, and she brought her boyfriend. They seemed to really enjoy it. On Halloween day the ward did a trunk or treat thing at the church. We and the other Elders helped out with that. It was a really good turn out, and Lauren showed up! And apparently she reconnected with a lot of members there that she grew up with in school. Because of that she is even more excited to come to our church. I probably had one of the strangest meals this week. For District Council lunch, this is what we had...


Homemade bread and milk with onion and pickle, I'm not sure if I was supposed to throw the pickle in there but I did anyway for the picture, lol. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either, it was interesting. Anyway, we and the other Elders ate at Sister Connies on Sunday. I loooove it when Sister Connie feeds us. This time she imitated Cafe Rio and I gotta say it was pretty spot on. The green sauce and the sweet pork. It was so good. I also requested that she make her famous lemonade for us. She makes the. best. lemonade. in the world. fight me. This time she made blueberry lemonade. Wow. The other Elders baptized a young lady named Cortney. Apparently her step-dad, who is a member in our ward, very nice guy down to Earth soooo humble, is someone you don't wanna mess with. I'm too scared to even mention in my letter what he might be, I might get in trouble or something haha but he's high, hiiiiiiigh up there in the military. He is a halo jump master to, that's all I'll say about him. Thursday night, we had a really good turn out for basketball. about 15 non members showed up, had a good time.

Here's our district pic

Well, the church is still true, love ya'll!
Elder Wihongi