Just got back from Fayetteville. Elder Miller was just trying on some gear for Basketball, he will be playing for BYU when he gets home. This week was a bit slow. On Tuesday I got the car stuck driving through the muddy roads trying to get to a members house...
It was a fun experience though haha. Went on exchanges again with Elder Zohner. This time it was even colder!! We helped some members move and I got to go on base for my first time. On Thursday we made the 2 hour trip to Wilmington because Elder Miller had a medical appointment there. It was so nice going back to the coast for a bit, brought back good memories of being trained..
Going through downtown Wilmington was a shock for me because I've spent most of my mission in the country. Being in a bustling city felt strange a little bit. But I still love the city. Since we were in Wilmington we had dinner with Elder Miller's favorite members, they were really awesome. We had what they call redneck tacos which is basically normal tacos but with hot sauce and ranch, haha. On Saturday, the world wide day of service, we went Christmas Caroling with the Primary at the nursing center, and handed out gifts to everyone.
We helped make the reindeer gift sacks for the elderly. Arts and crafts is not our forte haha...
For breakfast I had good southern grits, eggs, and bacon. After, we did service for Bradley. Piling fire logs in the backyard. On Sunday we had dinner with Sister Connie. Had the best baked Ziti I've ever had. Then, we watched the Christmas devotional with her and her family. Everyone we are teaching is still doing good we just weren't able to get up with any of them this week. We did find a part member family who haven't been to church in a long time we are hoping we can work with. That's pretty much everything exciting that happened this week.
It's that time of year! #LightheWorld! Matthew 5:16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
Love ya'll! Have a great week!
Elder Wihongi



