Hey Everyone!
Had another memorable week in Pembroke! Sadly though it was my last...Transfers are tomorrow and I'm moving out. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Like I said before I could stay for the remainder of my mission. By far my favorite area, the Pembroke ward will forever hold a place in my heart.
On Friday morning we went to Ms. Beverley's shop because she was going to teach us how to make dream catchers; making them wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. She also let us keep them once we finished. Then on Saturday morning we visited her again to purchase our bolo ties, and they look awesome; now we really fit into the Indian community.
Ms. Beverley Blue and her mom came to our Christmas party that night to!
The Pembroke ward really knows how to do church activities. On Saturday night was the ward Christmas party, and they went all out! The whole week we spent most of the time inviting people to the party and visiting members to get them to invite people to it. We also helped set it up and everything. A night in Bethlehem was the theme of the activity; the gym was set up in a way to make it seem like you were in Bethlehem. There were booths set up like little market booths with little food and treats you could purchase with fake coins. Everybody was given a pouch of fake coins at the very start, and before entering into Bethlehem you had to give the guards a coin that represented taxes. Elder Hancock and I volunteered to be the guards.
There were a lot of people dressed up in biblical attire, and oriental music playing in the background; haha, it was pretty fun. The coolest thing that happened though was that the pastor of the church we visited came to the activity!
Because the night we were at his church we were given an opportunity to share our testimonies and announce upcoming activities, so that was awesome haha. In closing of the activity, the youth performed a little nativity scene for everyone as we sang Christmas songs. Ms. Beverley, her mom, and the pastor enjoyed it; we all had a great time.
On Sunday we said our goodbyes to everyone and had our last lunch with Bishops family. we visited members that night and handed out Christmas cards to everyone. I'll share those pictures with ya'll next week :P haha. Anyways here are the pictures from last week! (put in last post)
Remember ya'll, Christ is the reason for the season!! ;) Love ya'll, and hope you have a great week!!
-Elder Wihongi







