Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, February 4, 2019

My new companions name is Elder Semadeni, and he is from Logan Utah. He is eighteen and has only been out for 3 months. We had a great week together.

I'm starting to think that my feet are cursed now, haha. The first incident was at the beginning of my mission in Hampstead doing wheelies on my bike. I ended up pulling up too hard flipping the bike over on top of me, landing flat on my butt, and slamming my heels into the asphalt, badly bruising my left heel. It still gives me problems to this day. Next incident was during a zone activity playing jug lacrosse. Using my left foot to pivot, I planted my right foot so hard It was like I stubbed my big toe in my own shoe. Anyways, the nail ended up coming completely off. The next incident was in Roxboro I got chilblains for the first time ever and had no idea what it was. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to lose me toes, but it eventually went away and I stopped worrying about it. Next incident was in Rockingham doing service at a food pantry place. Helping this man move a pallet of canned food, easily weighing at least a thousand pounds, on a hand jack fork lift thingy. The guy drops the pallet right over my left toes crushing them all except for the pinky. Haha, that thing was resting on my toes for a good 10 seconds because you have to crank that hand jack so many times for it to rise. I was just standing there as I watched him crank it as fast as he could, but the thing was very slowly rising off my toes. I was like 'oh my gosh please hurry up' haha. Anyways, it was bleeding through my sock everywhere. I took my sock off and my big toe nail had completely come off. My big toe was only slightly fractured miraculously. So yeah, I've lost both my big toe nails. My other toes were badly bruised. Next incident was I got chilblains again, this time I knew what it was though. Next incident was playing basketball I got terrible blisters this one time removing some skin on my right foot. Guess I was playing too hard.  Last incident now happened this past week actually doing service at Sister Hernandez. We were breaking down a shed, and I stepped on a rusty nail. It went straight through the ballpoint of my left foot. I called the mission nurse to make sure I had records of getting my tetanus shot. Apparently it had been outdated so I had to get one immediately. That was fun. I'm hoping I can go the rest of my mission without losing my feet. Anyways, the work has been slow but Elder Semadeni and I are focusing on strengthening the members conversion, so that there desire to share share the gospel will grow. We are praying that the work here will start to pick up by doing so and that the members will be more helpful.

I learned that everything that happens in our lives and around us is by divine design, that nothing is by coincidence. I know that God's ways are higher than ours, his thoughts also, his plans are always good. We cannot comprehend everything he can. Looking back on my mission and even back home, I've been able to see his work or his hand in my life. I've been able to see answers to my prayers that I didn't notice then. God truly does answer all our prayers and he does it in mysterious ways sometimes that we may not notice them, but if we are truly asking with real intent he will answer you in someway at sometime, always. You may feel like he never does, but take time to reflect back on your life, you will see that he has and thank him for what he's done for you. I testify that there is a God and he lives, he is our Heavenly Father, and he loves you.
I love y'all to, have a great week!

Elder Wihongi