This week was a really long and tiring one.
It was our bike week and it rained all day every day just about.
We worked our tails off though, it was probably the hardest we've ever worked this transfer so far.
On Wednesday we were supposed to share a thought at the combined mutual activity, so we ended up going but never ended up giving the thought...haha, oh well, they just didn't need us to share anything once we showed up I guess. We were able to get to know the youth a little more though. There were tons of youth there that I've never even seen before.
On Thursday we biked from our place to Zebulon in the cold, light rain, which was only about 8 miles. We biked there to teach Clayton about the Plan of Salvation, and it turned out to be a very good lesson. Then at night we had another good lesson with Keith. We finally were able to have the first missionary discussion with him! Keith is opening up more to us each time we are with him. I can see him getting baptized he will, but it's going to come slowly.
This week I've definitely been able to see the Lord's hand. There were so many things that happened that could not have been by coincidence. He has definitely blessed us for our hard work! We did our best to use up every minute we had to be productive. I have a stronger testimony of hard work because of this week. Elder Semadeni and I got out the doors on time every day even if it was pouring rain. We would try and contact former people being taught and tract around them. We would return to the apartment on time with very little success, and repeat the process. On Friday we biked in the pouring ice cold rain about 2 miles to do the same thing, it was probably the most uncomfortable thing I've ever done on my mission. Then we biked back and it was raining even harder and colder but we still had a half hour left till dinner, so we biked past our apartment to contact one more person in our area book. She ended up not being home haha, but we made it back for dinner on time soaking wet and cold to the bones. Again we didn't have any luck, we had worked so hard we felt like and were being so obedient, we didn't know what we were doing wrong, but then all of a sudden we get a Book of Mormon online request, her name is Megan. So we decided to contact her that night on Friday. As we were walking to her address we gave her a call, she answered and said "I will be coming to yall's church this Sunday" We looked at each other confused haha. Once we got to her place, she let us in. Megan was raised by Baptist parents, and when she was 15 she attended the LDS church with her friends and even started to read the Book of Mormon, but stopped when her parents didn't approve. She told us that ever since then she prayed and prayed about it and what Heavenly Father wants for her. She says she feels like she needs to be in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and that that is the correct church. Once she moved out of her parents, she picked up the Book of Mormon again. She asked us when she could be baptized. Elder Semadeni and I were both shocked haha. On Saturday we helped some non members move in the ice cold rain, I was starting to feel a little sick then. That night I had a slight fever and a horrible headache. I was definitely out for that night I couldn't do anything. Megan did come to church on Sunday and loved it! She says it feels like home. We have three appointments with her this week. We are preparing her to be baptized on the 9th but planning to baptize her on the 16th of March. I was still feeling a little sick that day, but we were out working again after church. Anyways, it has been a rough week, but a good one! Hope y'all have a great week! Love y'all!
Elder Wihongi