Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, April 10, 2017

Hello Everyone! 
This week wasn't as great as last week, meaning we didn't have as much luck and success finding the elect, but I still enjoyed it just as much. For my studies I am diving into the Book of Mormon, swimming, and drowning myself in it, I've never been so engaged in it before. It's becoming more and more real to me though that this book is true, and Joseph truly was called as a prophet of God. I hope you all got something out of General Conference, I've never enjoyed it so much before. The Prophet spoke how important it is to gain your own testimony through obedience to the commandments, daily prayer, and scripture study, to protect you from the wickedness and evils of this world. He's not just telling us how important it is to have one, he is warning us that we must have one so that we can be prepared and ready to face anything. I've noticed a huge difference in my life out here as I study the Book of Mormon, I feel more at peace, and I am not as afraid anymore to go out and talk with people and share the truth to others. Elder Reed is a great missionary/ trainer. He loves to be obedient, but he can be a little prideful sometimes, and bash with others. I don't dare to bash because I know I would lose. I just testify and leave. I went on an exchange with Elder Shearer. Elder Shearer is an awesome guy. He was a choir/ theater kid in High School and he enjoys writing music. He reminds me so much of my best friend Tyler Breinholt. He took me out to Cook Out for dinner, and I tried hushpuppies for the first time, super yum. We had combined Zone Conference this week and it was amazing! The more I hear President James speak (My mission President) the more I come to know that he truly is a man called of God. We sang the Army of Helaman and it was the most powerful thing I've ever felt, as we all stood together and sang I've never felt the spirit so strongly before, I knew right there again that I was at the right place doing the right thing. We visited the Airlee Gardens and it was so beautiful, it was a good time to meditate and relax. Door knocking is nothing now, but people are so set in their ways it's hard to find people who are interested. We played a game of PIG with a twelve year old kid while tracting, and he destroyed us both. I love the ward I'm serving in, the members different, but the feelings I received and the love I felt felt the same to me just like home. Two of our investigators were supposed to show up, but they didn't keep their promise, so we visited them later that day. Christian dropped us because he grew up in a Catholic family and he didn't want to break it. He has nothing against us though, and believes everything we taught him and he's still interested but he doesn't want to break the family. Elder Reed and I are still going to try and visit with him, give him more to chew on, and just be friends and hopefully we can attempt to get him to church again. 
Anyways, I encourage you all to, like the Prophet warned us, gain a testimony of your own! It is super important to have one! Love you all! Hope you all have a great week!
Elder Wihongi

First Apartment

North Carolina State Flag

Elder Reed. Fishing on P-Day

Pelican

The Coast

Airlie Gardens

Airlie Gardens

River at Airlie Gardens

Never seen so much rain before in my life!