Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, April 24, 2017

Hello Everyone!
I hope all is going well back home.
A lot of weird things happen on a mission. Here's my weird of the week.
I went on exchange with our District Leader who is a Spanish speaking missionary, his name is Elder Jenks, and he's a really funny guy. He has 2 weeks left so he's heading home soon, but being on exchange with him was fun, and the weirdest thing happened to me yet. 
We went tracting in a Hispanic trailer park. I didn't do much because everyone spoke Spanish, I just stood back and watched in awe as Elder Jenks worked his magic on people. We knocked on a door and this Latino mom opens the door, and Elder Jenks starts doing his thing. I have no idea what's going on but they're conversing with each other while she was standing in the doorway, and this is where the weird part happens. Out of nowhere, this fully naked little boy shoots out from behind the mom, darts straight for me and wacks me in the crotch, begins to run in circles around us, and Elder Jenks was completely unfazed as all this was happening like he sees it everyday. The mom didn't do anything either, she just acted like it was normal, but she did eventually pull the little naked boy back inside. Elder Jenks continued on with his message like nothing happened, but the kid breaks out again between the mom and the door, runs around us in circles, and hits me in the crotch a second time, I was like what the heck, and now I'm almost on my knees trying not to laugh and cry at the same time, the kid gets pulled back inside, I have no idea what's going on but the lady apparently is interested and becomes an investigator. But yeah, that's my weird story of the week. Haha, Elder Jenks told me his first door knock experience and it's hilarious "I killed a man, can I be forgiven?" "uhhhhhhhhh... yes" haha. Anyways, I've been enjoying my mission a lot, it's been so much fun! I really love the members here in my area. They take great care of us. A lot of the members look familiar to me like I've seen them before, it's a strange feeling, but they make me feel loved and at home here.
This week,  I learned that when things don't go the way you want it to, just move on, put your trust in the Lord, work hard, and you will see that God had something greater planned for you.
I hope you all have an awesome week!
Elder Wihongi