Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, October 2, 2017

Great week!
We found a very young couple who became interested in learning more about the Gospel. Their names are Roger and Meredith. For the first time here in Roxboro I taught a full Restoration Lesson. It went very well! We knelt down with them at the end of the lesson as Roger prayed to ask if what we shared was true. I was overcome by a warm feeling when we knelt down together to pray. I know that God is aware of and cares for all his children. I know that he hears and will answer all of our prayers. I learned that to receive an answer from our prayers we must humble ourselves before God and be willing to receive and accept and to act upon whatever answer we get. If God knows that we will take his answer lightly or not seriously, he will not give an answer until you are ready and humble enough to receive it. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." God sees what we cannot see, and he knows what we do not know. We must understand this if we are to receive an answer. So trust in him that he will answer you in his own time and in his own way. I know that he hears our prayers, I know that he cares. "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."  God knows whats best for us, and he wants whats best for us. If you are seeking and willing to do HIS will, he will be there by your side to guide you and to direct you, to help you reach your greatest potential. God is Great!
Also, what a wonderful opportunity we had to listen to some God inspired men and women this week! I hope yall got something good out of it. There were many beautiful talks given and testimonies shared. I am brimming with the spirit thanks to General Conference. I want yall to know that I sustain Thomas S. Monson as God's prophet on the Earth. I sustain the members of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles as prophets, seers and revelators. These truly are men of God! Please  hearken unto their counsel. Listen carefully to what they have to say. They can also see what we cannot! I promise you, you will find something that will be of most benefit to you in one of their messages, and as you follow these God inspired people,  I can also promise you, you will find protection. You will find safety and peace.

Elder Wihongi