Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, January 29, 2018

This week, exchanges with the Zone Leaders was pretty awesome! Although most of it was in Chinese. I was with Elder Qiao in Durham. I really enjoyed my time with him. He is a very dedicated and hard working missionary. Maybe someday I'll go Mandarin speaking, who knows.
We had a Baptism this week! His name is Anoruo. He is from Nigeria. Elder Peseta and Elder Stringfellow found him through tracting. He has a Christian background but was confused from all the differences in the churches though. So seeking truth, he decided to listen to the missionaries and felt it was true. The day before his baptism we taught him about Temples and Baptisms for the dead. It was a strange concept for him to grasp but when I opened up the scriptures and bore testimony it was like a light switch had turned on in his head. He shared his testimony after his Baptism and said that everything that the missionaries had shared with him made sense and answered a lot of questions that he had been seeking answers to.
 I am really enjoying this area so far and my time with Elder Peseta, he is a great missionary! We share the car with some other Elders so we do a lot of walking because Elder Peseta doesn't like biking. I love our District! It's probably the most diverse district in the mission. We got a couple Hispanics and Asians. Spanish speaking Elders and Sisters, Mandarin speaking Elders and Sisters, and then Elder Peseta and I. The only Poly Elders in the Mission. It's a fun District. Elder Miller is our District Leader, he's from the Philippines & is Spanish speaking. He loves Basketball and is probably the top baller in the NCRM...
Following me...
haha jk. Anyways here is a picture of me, Elder Saenz, and Elder Miller...
I love this mission. I love the Lord. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I had never met these awesome people. I know this is the Lord's work, I'm happy to be an instrument in his hands!

-Elder Wihongi