This week. We were able to meet with Willie (the ex JW) again and it was awesome! I've been praying A LOT for her that she may be guided to the right sources as she seeks peace and direction. Then when we visited her again, she told us that she had been on mormon.org chatting with representatives, and read almost every page there is! She told us that she read about the Word of Wisdom, and because of that she's committed herself to quit drinking! She even ordered some stuff to help her quit. She totally agrees about the Godhead to, that Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are three separate beings. That really shocked us that she understood that. We carefully and clearly explained the Book of Mormon to her and invited her to read it. She very humbly accepted our invitation. If all goes well, I'm certain she'll get baptized. Whether that be soon or later in time, I don't know, but I know she is being prepared by God's hands. One day we were driving back to the apartments for dinner and we passed a street that caught my attention. I almost let it go, but a memory picture of that street stayed in my mind and it bugged me. So we turned around and tried knocking down that street. We knocked till it was about too dark, and no one wanted to talk to us, so we decided to hit just one more. By our surprise, a middle aged Hispanic guy opened the door and said "Elders, come in!". He told us he was baptized Mormon, his two young boys were to, and his wife! We have never seen them before though. Apparently they had moved from Durham to Roxboro about a year ago, and their records just haven't been transferred yet. That's why we had no clue who they were. They were an active family in the Durham Ward, but stopped going because they were offended. They told us that they were married here in Roxboro in the LDS church. We talked about faith and church with them, and they said that they really want to start attending again, but I think they just are afraid to. We are planning on taking some members with us to fellowship with them and to bring them back so they can be an active family once again.
Transfers are tomorrow I am getting transferred out!
Elder Wihongi
 |
| Brother and Sister Dixon |
 |
| Brother Dixon |
 |
| Elder Hutchings Funeral Photo |