Dear Parents,
I am delighted to inform you that most of the Wilmington zone is now relocated back in their apartments. The missionaries are already busily engaged reconnecting with the people they were teaching and they are helping in the clean-up effort. My guess is that by P-day (next Monday) the few still not in their apartments should be. Everyone in, just in time for transfers on Tuesday!
With just a couple of modest exceptions, the missionary apartments were spared damage. This is yet another miracle. In one case, a major tree fell away from the apartment, opposite of the direction the wind was blowing. In another case, the missionaries’ apartment was in the last unit before major damage affected the rest of the complex. This is one of the reasons we were able to let the missionaries back into the area much sooner than anticipated. And, thanks to the generosity of a few anonymous folks previously noted, we appear able to handle any replacement costs the missionaries might incur.
At this point, I trust your missionaries will give you the individual reports you need on P-days moving forward. Thank you, again, for all of your faith and prayers and support during this time of challenge. We have felt the hand of the Lord over and over. He loves his missionaries . . . and so do Sister Holland and I, as I know you do.
Faithfully,
President Holland
North Carolina Raleigh Mission