Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, October 1, 2018

Hey Everyone!

I am still alive and well in case you were wondering. In fact I am doing super good! I can't tell you how much fun and crazy these past few weeks have been. First off I just want to say that we as a mission were able to witness a miracle happen so thank you all for your prayers because they worked! The storm surprisingly went around us when at first it was predicted to come straight through us at a cat 4, but it weakened to a cat 1. I can't explain to you everything that happened but it truly was a miracle. Even though it was just a cat 1 seeing all the damage that it caused, I can't imagine what it would have been like if it remained a cat 4!  What's even more miraculous about all this is if you look at the path that the hurricane took not only does it go around us, it goes directly around and avoids the temple which is currently under construction. If the storm had taken the predicted path (even at a cat.1) all work on the temple would have been lost. Why did God send a storm in the first place then? Why does he allow so much destruction and bad things to happen? These are frequently asked questions. Well, I don't know why. But I do know that God he has a plan in all this, and that his plans are always good, and his ways are always higher. I did show you the bright side of it all. Sometimes we just have to look at the bright side of things and put a little more trust in God, and trust that everything well turn out okay. A lot of bad may have come from this storm but I've seen a lot of good come from it as well. It has brought so many people together in humility, harmony, and love. These past days I've had the amazing opportunity of putting on those yellow helping hands shirts and going out serving others and doing good and I can't tell you how many happy tears of joy were shed when we showed up at peoples doors. Anyways, I Love ya'll! God is Good!

Elder Wihongi

The Dickersons took care of us through the storm, lovely people<3

Flooded road

Clean Up Project 1

Clean Up Project 2

Clean Up Project 3