Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, April 23, 2018

Hello Everyone!
This week was great! Elder Campbell has been coaching me in basketball, I figured since basketball's big out here and in the mission, I might as well get good at it. It always gets pretty competitive to haha. Elder Campbell has baptized a few people from the hood out of basketball contacting haha. We did that a couple times this week and made some friends. It was pretty fun. They call us the Jesus people. Every Tuesday and Thursday we do service at a place called Our Daily Bread, bagging food and stuff for the poor and needy. The workers are so nice but I gotta love the Tuesday group a lot more because they don't let us leave without a full week's supply of food, and than take us out for lunch after. Our church and service has left a real good impression on them I guess. They know we're away from home for a long time to so they try to take good care of us. On Saturday we did service with the Pinehurst and Laurinburg Elders, and other churches cleaning up around this building, weeding, raking, and stuff. It was a lot of fun. Elder Campbell and I found 5 new investigators and taught a full lesson in under an hour. That is very rare to happen in this mission, so that was pretty awesome. Church was even more interesting than the first time. There were less people in sacrament this time maybe like 20. We attended Sunday School because the teacher is a Recent Convert and we usually just end up teaching him. He's a really funny guy from Jamaica. Third hour is the most interesting part, it usually turns into a friendly argument/debate. Church is a little different here haha, but the church is still true in Rockingham. Lately, I've been having more meaningful prayers with my Heavenly Father, and from it I know that he truly does care about us. Sometimes I pray and ask for things that may seem silly to some but would mean a lot to me, I can't say what because it's kinda personal, but I can say that he does listen, he does answer, and he does care.
I did worse taking pictures this week haha...sorry! But I love ya'll, hope ya'll have a great week!
Elder Wihongi