Hey everyone!
Nothing much happened this week. We've just been in for a few days because I broke my big toe. Not bad though. We were helping move pallets of canned food on those hand jack fork lift thingies at service and when we dropped it my left foot toes were right underneath. It took about 10 seconds to lift the pallet off my foot because those hand jack things rise up so slow so I had to endure 10 seconds of excruciating pain. Elder Campbell could tell you that I was calm as a clam though, calmly, softly, and politely asking to lift the pallet off my foot "Get it off please. Please, lift it up..." haha. I was so calm he didn't think anything bad happened to me till I took my shoe off and made a bloody mess everywhere. I honestly thought it was going to be worse. I was so scared to take my sock off and see the damage because I felt like my toes were flat like a pancake. I took my sock off and blood was everywhere. I waddled to the bathroom to cleanse it off, and my big toe-nail came completely off. Good thing we worked with a lot of old Grandmas. They wrapped me up, took good care of me, and sent me on my way to a clinic. They showed me an x-ray of my foot, and my big toe was cracked in three places. They gave me some meds and a boot to wear for a few weeks. So yeah, we've been in for a few days after that.
If I ever said that this Branch was normal, I take it back. Church this week was, so weird haha. When the guy next to us was taking the bread during sacrament, he took a piece for himself, and then he grabbed a handful and handed some to me and Elder Campbell. And THEN when it was time for the water the guy sitting in front of us (totally different guy) almost downed the whole tray. He took like five or six, one after the other, hahaha Elder Campbell and I were trying so hard not to laugh. We were both dumbfounded at the moment like, what's going on? Haha. We then later found out that the guy sitting next to us was not a member. He said he just decided to come to our church because he's never felt God's presence more anywhere else. He also asked us for a Book of Mormon, and told us that he would like to join our church someday. His name is Matthew, and he is a very soft guy. So that was really awesome. I didn't even mention what happened in second and third hour, but let's just say that church is a little different here haha, still true though! WE are very excited to be working with Matthew! The only thing holding him back is his parents. They are very opposed to him getting baptized, but we know that he feels something. He said so himself, he feels God's presence in our church, more than in any other church he's been to. I know that this is the true church!
Love ya'll
Elder Wihongi