Scripture

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

Monday, April 16, 2018

Rockingham

Hey everyone!
Transfers happened and to my surprise I got transferred out of Fuquay-Varina and put in Rockingham with my good old friend Elder Campbell. He was in South Boston when I was in Roxboro, and we became good friends. He's been out for 20 months. Even better though, Elder Lambson is my district leader! Haha, I'm pretty dang excited for this transfer!  I'm really going to miss Fuquay-Varina though, I felt like I was just getting comfortable there. I'm going to miss the members they have been so good to us, but whenever you start getting comfortable in an area it's usually time to move out. Driving into Rockingham there was literally nothing. Rockingham apparently is a very poor, ghetto,  low populated place. There's not a whole lot to look at or do out here. We literally live out in the sticks. There is a Walmart thankfully so we should be good haha. There were about 30 people that showed up to Sacrament meeting. The members were, very interesting haha. I love Branches though, they have a different feel to them. Everybody knows each other and are very close. Our first member dinner was with the Michaels, the parents were both working so we had dinner with their 3 teenage sons. 2 of them are twins. They were really cool, but sadly they are moving to another state pretty soon. Which is really sad because they are also the Branches young men. The work in this area apparently has always been tough, but there have been baptisms. Elder Campbell and I are hoping to get one together. We are both just coming into the area so we are clueless and don't know anything. We worked pretty hard this first week but nothing really came out of it. We followed up with some referrals and tracted around them to but no luck. Elder Campbell is coaching me in basketball, I might as well get good at it because that's all the Elder's play on P-Days, it gets pretty competitive to. Anyways, I love ya'll!

Elder Wihongi

Here is my new mailing address:
308 County Home Rd. Rockingham, NC 28379

Elder Cruz and Elder Budousque

Elder Saenz